Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mama Mia, Italian in the middle of nowhere? It's true, my friends! After repeated nudges from Jole and Pat to bring the missus over to Galbiati's, at Railway Mall, I finally did so and boy were we in for a treat.

We walked in and were treated to this beautiful sight...

Rows and rows of Italian delights

We had a small sampling

The portobello was really, really mushroomy. I know this sounds bimbotic, but seriously man, it was wayyy too strong for me, and I'm quite a mushroom person. Oh well.

The Salmon Pizza was pretty darn good, I liked the crust, the tomato paste tasted fresh, and the cheese divine. The only draw back to this was, unfortunately, the salmon. Hang on, it's not that it wasn't fresh or anything. It's just... I dunno man. Salmon + pizza? Not my cuppa tea.

Which is why, I had the beef lasagne! Man that stuff was the BOMB man. I don't think I'll ever wanna eat another crappy swensens lasagne after this stuff. The texture of the cheese was excellent, the sauce was fresh, the beef used was also higher grade than most.

Overall, this place is chic, serves fresh food and isn't very pricey. I'll be back. Oh, and take note if you're ordering anything from the display counter, everything's priced per 100 g, so don't think it's THAT cheap and order a shitload of stuff. haha.

Galbiati's
Railway Mall (Opp Mindef)

Taste: 3.5/5
Value: 4/5
Ambience: 5/5

It was also our sixth anniversary the other day. I can't believe we've been together for this long!
We went to the beach, cycled, got butt cramps and surrendered to Delifrance by 530p.m.



Oh and thanks for the veryyy early birthday present guys, I'm sure we'll have tonnes of fun with this one too!

Ticket to Ride

No comments: