Thursday, June 21, 2007

How many crabs can a crab shack shuck if a crab shack could shuck crabs?

The BMers, all 13 of us (not everyone could make it), trooped over to Eng Seng Restaurant for Pepper crabs. There are plenty of things to blog about this particular excursion, so I'll keep the report snappy.

Ok, how many crabs do you think 13 people can eat? 8 girls + 5 boys. I was thinking... Seven, so that's what I ordered when I got Jole to call them the day before. And then, today when I told the BMers what I'd ordered, this was what they said:

Liru: "...."

me: "what? we going to eat crabs right? I ordered seven leh! Too many ah?"

Liru: "..."

me: "don't tell me too little"

Liru: "yeah, I eat two crabs on my own."

me: *Stunned face*

So, in the end, we re-ordered another 5 crabs, bringing the total up to... 12 crabs! A DOZEN! WTH!! And then, when we reached the place at like, seven, the queue was already snaking outside of the 50-plus seater coffee shop. Amazing man!

Anyhow, here are the much-vaunted crabs + mee goreng


Awesome stuff man. The pepper crab that is. Oh oh, remember the soup nazi from Seinfield? Man, he died and came back in the form of this damn anal auntie manning the queue! Wah lan! Damn rude lor!

She will point one stubby finger at you once, then at the seat your are supposed to take, and shout "GO!" or "STOP!" or "SIT!", in various stages. I can't stand these arrogant hawkers. Much as I loved the pepper crabs, I won't be browbeaten into taking her swishing finger one more time.

Anyhow, more pics!

The greenlanders doing our best crab impersonation

All's well that ends well

No comments: