Monday, November 26, 2007

If eating was like driving a car...

...I found out today that mine isn't the quickest one around. For years and years I thought that I was the quickest damn eater Singapore had ever seen.

#################

Secondary 3, St Andrews School Canteen, 6:50am.

Kingsley: "Eh no time already lah, still eat nasi lemak."

Me: "Can one."

Kingsley: "You sure?? Okay, I time you ah. We have assembly in ten minutes"

*Sits with one plate of nasi lemak - egg, drumstick, cucumber, chilli, rice ($2.50)*

1 minute 23 seconds later...

Kingsley: "What the hell!!"

##############

Heck man, that was when there was no pressure. Imagine being the first among your platoon in BMT. That's 37 other hungry, botak boys who all know that the quicker you eat, the more of the 1 hour allocated for lunch you get to use to sleep in bunk.

The best part is that I didn't even really try. Honest. It just comes naturally.

##############

Today, Lunch, AMK kopitiam.

I got my ass whooped man. By my dad. We both ate from the chicken rice stall. When I surfaced halfway through my lunch, he'd already finished and told me he was going to the fruit stall to buy fruits.

Speechless.

So there you go, at least now I know where I got it from.

No comments: