Tuesday, November 06, 2007

He giveth and taketh away

He giveth:

The FYP volunteer call yielded so many respondents, I'm still struggling to meet all of them individually. Some have been really great; helpful and genuinely excited about our project. Can you imagine? I'm excited.

He taketh away:

I thought I'd done pretty decent on the Hedwig piece. I guess I was expecting more. I didn't even do any layout because I was confident my writing was enough on its own.

He giveth:

Things are moving into high gear with the project, and I'm loving actually having to do things instead of waiting, hemming and hawing.

He taketh away:

Today was the last lecture. It's like getting off a roller-coaster and having no more money to go back on. It sucks. There is a hollowness in the way we said our goodbyes today, though we may look back some time later and mark this as the point where school unofficially ended.

He giveth:

It is a privilege to counsel a friend in need.

He taketh away:

It is disheartening to see in friend in need.

He giveth:

More than I have asked for.

He taketh:

Less than I have need for.

No comments: