Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1st of July 2008

Alright, you heard it here first: I'll be starting work at Burson in July this year.

Writing has been fun, and it's always going to be something I will look back at with fondness. I've spent close to a month with the business times and it's been pretty interesting so far. It's everything I've expected reporting to be like; the bylines, the interviews, the conferences, the hotel dinners - and I've still got a month and a half to go.

Yet there was always something missing. Last week, while reflecting on this, I realised what it was.

I miss having a team. I miss working together in launching an event; showing up at work/meetings knowing your teammates, like yourself, are running on adrenaline and 4 hours of sleep; solving problems as a group, where your weaknesses are countered by your teammates, even as you compensate for their shortcomings.

Yes, there may be occasions where your team stinks, and you wish you'd done everything yourself. But I'll take that chance.

1 comment:

SelSaysIt said...

OMG...I tell Pat! Mwahahahah...