Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sibeh Suay

I'm never going out to eat on Wednesday nights again. Well, perhaps it was cos I hadn't had lunch today (imagine that!) and was positively famished. I don't know.

So when she asked if I wanted to eat Kallang Prawn Noodles, I kinda groaned inwardly (NTU to Kallang!!). But, nehmind.

30 minutes later, we're looking at the shutters of the prawn mee stall. I later find out from the bemused roti-prata guy next door, who must have been wondering why I was standing there like an idiot, that the stall opens in the morning until 3pm.

Ok, fine. So we decide to next head over to Still road for some crabs. I mean, we figured, hey, we're all the way in the east already, might as well enjoy ourselves while we're here.

Yep, you guessed it. Closed for the day. The ONE day of the week they're closed.

Nehmind. Kinda deflated by now, I decide to rely on dunman road food centre's Ah Eng Wanton Mee. It's a whole food centre, after all, they couldn't ALL be closed right?

And.... whaddya know, all the stalls are open except the wanton mee stall.

)(*&_)#*@$_@)(#$&*!!!

We ended up just eating sub-standard prawn mee (oh yes, the irony was both bitter and pungent) and above-standard rojak.

But you know the one thing that saved the night? A small slice of heaven from four leaves - Coco Exotica. Yeah, sounds like a strippername, but it's really a fantastic piece of chocolate cake. It's part mousse, part sponge, part biscuit, part fudge, all good.

In the words of xiaofen, who was commenting on the potency of this awesome creation:

"I've converted people with this, hor".

No comments: