Sunday, August 06, 2006

Later guys.

Last friday was the last day at BM and they had a farewell party for me!! I wasn't really expecting anything so it was nice how Pat surprised me with an Adidas voucher (which will go towards a new pair of shoes - Thanks guys). It then hit me why she asked me out of the blue if I preferred Nike to Adidas -.-

Too bad I didn't have a camera on hand (since i wansn't expecting a party) or I wouldv'e been better able to capture the my last day there, at least for the next 5 months. Even though you got the feeling that it's something they do for every person leaving the company, it was kinda nice how they bother to have a celebration at all.

I guess I'll miss the folks there for their intelligent sense of humour, easy-to-get-along-type personalities and, well, their widely-read knowledge of obscure facts brought about by reading 14 newspapers every morning of every day.

So, thanks guys. You could've made it hard, but you didn't. Like Krishna says to Lathi before enlisting in Michael Chiang's 1998 play Army Daze, "This is not goodbye, it is merely a farewell..."

(I didn't get it either)

No comments: